[Coco] CF and SD life expectancy

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jul 27 10:31:00 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:23:08 AM Steven Hirsch did opine:

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, gene heskett wrote:
> > For dw users, dsaving to a disk image file on the pc is probably the
> > least trouble as it can then be part of the regularly scheduled
> > backups like I do every night with *amanda here on this linux box,
> > using amanda with virtual tapes on a terrabyte hard drive.
>
> I hope you are religously monitoring that backup drive with SMART.

Of cuz I am. all 4 of the terabyte drives in this machine. ;-)
And I have one screen delegated to tailing logs, so I see lots of temp
changes being reported.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life."