[Coco] Coco3.com

Roger Taylor taylor at newfoal.com
Tue Jul 26 13:56:12 EDT 2011

At 09:19 AM 7/26/2011, you wrote:
>Not really. unless there were some written, binding agreement that
>the sell of the name would include CoCo3 content the new owner can
>put whatever they want up under that name. Sometimes people buy
>names with lots of hits simply to put something else there in the
>hopes of "snaring" some of the users, influencing them for whatever
>product of site. Simply business. If Roger got an implied agreement
>or had a "gentleman's agreement" with the fellow and he is reneging,
>then the other guy simply isn't a gentleman! No, Roger shouldn't
>give out the name if that indeed happened. He sold the name in good
>faith, if the other guy doesn't keep to a promise there may be good
>reason. Even if not, there's no reason for Roger to show that HE'S
>not a gentleman by stooping to the ranks of another. Too many people
>feel that is someone craps on them that gives them the right to crap
>back, when doing so just proves that you're no better than the other guy.

No, this wasn't just a rummage sale of the site.  CoCo3.com is a CoCo
history and information gold mine that archives far more than any
other CoCo site on the web.  I wouldn't have just thrown that away
after 10 years in the making.  I did have one insulting offer for
just the domain name but then I considered it a friendly decline and
I respect the person for it.  :)

Also, Wes and I talk.  I know for a fact that the web site is coming
back online soon.

Anyway, I hope that clears it up.  :)

--
~ Roger Taylor