[Coco] deskmate help

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 21:30:48 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:

What I always wanted to see for the Desk-Mate programs was a way to include
> other apps.  All these years and all we got was the few included apps.  The
> ones included were nice but too low-res for serious use.

Years ago (like two decades past) I wrote to Tandy / Radio Shack to find out
if an API had been ever released for the Deskmate versions on the CoCo and
the response was a simple and cold: NO. Don't recall who answered my e-mail,
I was honestly surprised I managed to get an answer.

I still use both Deskmate environments for the CoCo 1/2 and 3, mostly for
fun. Always wondered what could have been achieved with clever software
programming on that environment, certainly more essential features could
have been crammed into the text editor, a few ones to the spreadsheet -
those two were my main interests, that and adding a couple more file/disk
management options to the main screen... perhaps even a shell prompt :-)

-- RP