[Coco] deskmate help

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Jul 24 20:46:04 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 04:16:20PM -0400, Richard Hawk wrote:
> if i boot up into nitros9_dw3, can i replace the disk with deskmate3 and CHD
> /DD and then type CHX /dd/cmds

The simple answer is: Nope, you need a bootable image with coVDG (the
new name for VDGint) and term_vdg.  The nitros9_dw3 distro disk won't
work, it doesn't have the CoVDG driver.

If there are drivewire .dsk's of the vdg games (Microscopic mission,
Carmen, Rescue on Fractalus, Koronis Rift, King's Quest), you could
probably boot one of them, then chd and chx to DM3 and that should work.

A more complicated answer:  DM3 can be patched to use a different window
than /term.  See the MVue_DM3.lzh file on rtsi.  It still requires the
CoVDG driver, though.

I'm not sure if the "simple" CoVDG driver will work for DM3 or if you
have to use the full size CoVDG.  Anyone?

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard