[Coco] I2C - Is it possible?

John Kent jekent at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jul 24 04:26:51 EDT 2011

On 24/07/2011 5:51 AM, Roger Taylor wrote:
> At 02:42 AM 7/23/2011, you wrote:
>> Just wondering if anyone has any idea if it's possible to 'bitbang'
>> an I2C interface on the CoCo?
>>
>> There so many tiny I2C circuits available (including VGA) that I was
>> wondering if there was any way to bring some of these devices to the
>> CoCo?
>
> Nick, what I've discovered is that some I2C capable modules also
> support basic serial using other pins.

I sent Nick some code for bit bashing a 68901 MFP I/O port for the
68000. It should be possible to adapt it to the 6809. You do need a bi
direction data port with pull ups. You'd have to use something like a
6821 PIA. Alternately use a PIC or AVR microprocessor with RS232 to I2C
interface.

John.

--
http://www.johnkent.com.au