[Coco] CoCo 3 to RBG...

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Jul 22 15:45:41 EDT 2011

On Friday, July 22, 2011 03:43:35 PM Steven Hirsch did opine:

> On Fri, 22 Jul 2011, gene heskett wrote:
> > Hit the menu button, up arrow to 4 and press the menu button again,
> > which will bring up a 2 choice and return menu, up arrow to highlight
> > the 1 and tap the menu button again,  voila!  English menu's.
> >
> > But if we have to do this for every power up, it will be a bit of a
> > bummer. However, if it remembers the rest of the settings, probably
> > this won't be needed all that many times.
>
> My impression was that settings are non-volatile.  I never had to go
> back and reset the language at any rate.
>
> > Now, since Tim seems 'pre-occupied', I did find another video where a
> > capacitor and a pair of 510 ohm resistors was used to mix the separate
> > H & V syncs and feed the 'S' pin from an Atari ST.  But I have no
> > clue which polarity the sync sigs are coming out of an Atari ST.  I
> > could measure it of course since I managed to buy one at a cocofest
> > in Pittsburgh a decade back.  But I am inclined to see if there are
> > any spare gates in IC15 first. Or fly a bug on a handy chip and use
> > that. Time to go inventory my chips I guess.
>
> I'll be pleasantly surprised if you ever receive a response.  I no
> longer bother even trying with Chinese OEMs.

Tim is the tech support at their American dealer-reseller, Jamma something,
which is where I bought the board, which it turns out I could have saved a
tenner by using fleabay.

> Steve

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Pretend to spank me -- I'm a pseudo-masochist!