[Coco] Nitros-9 3.2.8 hdd image loaded with games

Steven Flock madgun68 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 23:04:15 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Roger Taylor <taylor at newfoal.com> wrote:

> At 04:06 PM 7/20/2011, you wrote:
>
>> Me too, as it seems like a perfect match!
>>
>> -Bill
>>

> If you do, make a new 256-disk partition and load that one up instead of
> replacing the first 256-disk partition that comes on the pak card.  This
> way, I can get a copy of the new card image and start using it.  :)
>
> However, remember that my OS-9 disks on the card use the Drive Pak drivers
> so they can boot from the pak.  All of the Sierra games and other OS-9
> game/app disks were rebuilt by Robert Gault using my drivers, and any other
> type of OS-9 floppy disk image won't BOOT from the pak for obvious reasons
> (because the pak is the native drive).
>
> Also... a partition on the Drive Pak can be as small as 1 floppy disk in
> size if you like, and if so, you could call it a Named Disk, mountable just
> like an OS-9 drive, or multi disk DOS partition.
>
> DOS#"NAME" would boot an OS-9 disk/partition/drive.
> DRIVE#"NAME" would mount a partition for use with DOS and you can use DRIVE
> 0,#n to specify a "floppy" inside the partition, otherwise #0 is assumed.

I started the process (at least for the games.) Not sure if my drive-pak was
standard as far as partitions, but it was full.

I deleted the OS9 Spare partition and created a new one called Games. The
rest can fit in the free space on the DOS partition.

Should be finished before the end of the weekend. Some of the games probably
won't run.. I know Zenix won't.

-Steve