[Coco] CoCo 3 to RBG...

Steve Batson steve at batsonphotography.com
Wed Jul 20 13:29:40 EDT 2011

Gene,

I didn't even see that about on board connector only handling 31Khz...Ok,
well it looks like I need to go with my original plan and build the ribbon
with a 15 Pin D connector. Not too excited about that due to the very small
amount of space to work in on the connector. I'm almost tempted to build
some type of small project board where I can mount connectors to the board
and do all the crosswiring on it, seal it up in a box and then be able to
use standard, straight through Ribbon cable on the coco side and standard
straight through VGA cable on the output. I couldn't find my soldering
iron, so I ordered one last week...should be her this week along with a
15pin D connector. I just picked up a VGA cable the other day for about $5,
but it doesn't look like I'll need it, so I'm seriously thinking about just
cutting it and splicing it to the ribbon cable from the Coco. At this
point, I want to see it working before I invest any time or more money in
making it pretty.

Steve