[Coco] CoCo 3 to RBG...

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jul 20 13:14:41 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 01:00:14 PM Steve Batson did opine:

> Steve,
>
> Can you provide details on building your 2 chip circuit to get it
> working?
>
> I received mine this week, built cables to Map Coco 3 RGB signals to the
> on board 8 pin connector as they describe. The board powered fine, I
> can access it's menu and functions, but no Coco output. Just a green
> screen, but I don't think it's Coco output though. Coco works fine with
> composite  out to TV.
>
> Any help will be appreciated!  :)

This is going to be best troubleshot with a decent scope, only that can
give you a definitive answer.

Oh Wait, you said the 8 pin connector?  Humm, I may be half a bubble off
here, but ISTR reading in the excruciatingly fine print (I had to drag out
an old projector lens & use it for a magnifying glass to read that teeny
little booklet) that the 8 pin connector only handles 31khz & up sources,
so I had not considered doing anything but stuffing the coco's signals into
the adjacent DB15, which claims to work down to 15 khz, and which means one
must pay attention to the pinout of the 10 conductor cable from the coco as
to where it goes in the DB15.  I have printed out the usual vga pinouts,
and can look the coco's signals up in the manuals, but do not have a DB15
male to use ATM, so I haven't yet warmed up my iron.  I need to stop at the
shack & see if they even have that stuff anymore. :(

Maybe that is your problem, Steve?

[snip old text]

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Furious activity is no substitute for understanding.
		-- H.H. Williams