[Coco] World's most expensive Coco RGB -> VGA adapter?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Jul 19 08:45:32 EDT 2011

On 19/07/2011 9:21 PM, gene heskett wrote:

> That said, I did get the game converter board I ordered about 3 days back,
> but haven't had time to collect the parts&  make a cable to feed it yet.
> Too many irons in the fire.

I checked out the link you posted; I recall seeing that some time ago when I
was looking around at various video converters.

I wouldn't mind betting it's based on the same chip that we used. It pretty
much is a one-chip solution for RGB/Component(/TTL) video. They'd only need
to add some software to twiddle the registers and some logic for the OSD
(menu). There's no frame buffer, so it won't do vertical refresh
conversion... Everything else on the board is power, signal conditioning and
connectors.

Looks like a _very_ good price for what it is!

I'd be very interested to see the results with the Coco!

Regards,