[Coco] Software

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Mon Jul 18 01:16:58 EDT 2011

Steve, do you have a single drive, or dual drive system? If dual-drive, do a 'DIR /d1' (or whatever you 2nd drive is called).
If you have a single drive, swap the disk after booting OS-9, and try 'dir /dd' (or whatever your main boot drive is called). If you get an ERROR #216 at this point, before you swap to your game disk, type 'LOAD DIR' first (I think OS-9 and NitrOS9 both default to having the DIR command in memory, so hopefully you won't need to deal with this step).
In either case, if, after you have done a directory of the game disk, and if you see a CMDS directory, you can then try this (substitute the drive name that you are using; I will use 'dd' which was my default):
(with the game disk in the drive)
CHD /dd
CHX /dd/cmds
DIR /dd/cmds
This last one should give you a list of programs in the cmds directory. Usually it will be pretty obvious (the game name, or an abbreviation thereof). Just type that name and it should boot up.

As George mentioned, though, if you have any documentation, read it in case there are any special instructions (a batch file to run, graphics to merge, etc.).
What game are you trying to start up?

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net