[Coco] Software

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 18 00:16:02 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Willard Goosey" <goosey at virgo.sdc.org>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2011 8:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Software

> On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 05:07:20AM -0500, Robert Gault wrote:
>
>> In that case, the game should start by entering DOS if you have Disk
>> Basic
>> 1.1 .
>
> Maybe.  The original poster didn't say if it was an original disk.  If
> it's an original disk it's probably not bootable, since the game wasn't
> sold through Rat Shack.  SoftWAR would have had to license OS-9
> seperately.  Unlikey for a game that sold new for $9.
>
> The review didn't say if the original disk was bootable, or which video
> driver (vdgint or windint/grfint) it used.
>
> Willard
> --
> Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
> Socorro, New Mexico, USA
> I search my heart and find Cimmeria, land of Darkness and the Night.
>  -- R.E. Howard

Willard, you are correct.  "DOS" did not start the game, and it is the
original disk, not a copy.  Since my OS-9 background is little to none, if I
boot OS-9, I should be able to find the disk directory, and from there, the
executable file.  Please tell me the procedure.  I'm sure my OS-9 disk will
boot with "DOS".  What is the procedure to look for this executable?

Thanks for the help!

-Steve-