[Coco] [Color Computer] william barden

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Jul 8 15:02:09 EDT 2011

On Friday, July 08, 2011 02:48:12 PM William Astle did opine:

> On 2011-07-08 12:33, gene heskett wrote:
> > Neat, works as advertised.  I didn't know that, thanks.  However, much
> > of the web & email "linkifiers" expect the link to have <> wrappers
> > too so they grab everything between the < and the >. ;-)
>
> Indeed. And it works a charm when someone does it. But it both requires
> the writer knowing about that formatting convention, and then actually
> using it. :)
>
> Personally, when I put a link on its own line, it never occurs to me to
> do anything like that. :)
>
> <flamebait>
> I suppose we could all switch to using HTML formatting so we can put
> proper links in.
> </flamebait>

That convention is, at least in linux kmail, 100% divorced from any html
treatments.

This is not an html formatted message, but this link should Just Work(TM)
in any email agent worthy of the name including your t-bird-3.1.10.

<http://gene.homelinux.net:85/gene/>

And it could just as easily be <http://gene.homelinux.net:85/gene/> in the
middle of a line as above and should Just Work also.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
You are farsighted, a good planner, an ardent lover, and a faithful friend.