[Coco] [Color Computer] william barden

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Jul 8 14:33:38 EDT 2011

On Friday, July 08, 2011 02:29:11 PM William Astle did opine:

> On 2011-07-08 11:40, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Friday, July 08, 2011 01:20:02 PM Boisy G. Pitre did opine:
> >> Gene,
> >>
> >> I don't know where you get this information, but I just talked to
> >> Bill Barden on the phone.  He's a nice guy and was surprised to hear
> >> that people thought he had passed.
> >>
> >> I started here:
> >>
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Barden,_Jr.
> >
> > The wikipedia response I just got says it never heard of him.  The
> > page is 100%  404 & asks if I want to create it.
>
> Try using the *entire* link. The "." at the end is part of it, even
> though most "linkifiers" in email software won't pick it up.

Neat, works as advertised.  I didn't know that, thanks.  However, much of
the web & email "linkifiers" expect the link to have <> wrappers too so
they grab everything between the < and the >. ;-)

> >> then went to here:
> >>
> >> http://williambardenjr.com/Personal.htm
> >>
> >> and got his contact information.
> >
> > Pages are alive and well.  I am half tempted to call him and apologize
> > in my best Mark Twain (Hall Holbrook) voice.
> >
> >> I repeat: Bill Barden is very much alive!
> >
> > Glad to hear it!

Thanks Boisy.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Biology is the only science in which multiplication means the same thing
as division.