[Coco] [Color Computer] william barden

T. Franklin tim at franklinlabs.com
Fri Jul 8 13:45:46 EDT 2011

Wikipedia site worked fine for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: gene heskett [mailto:gheskett at wdtv.com]
Sent: Friday, July 8, 2011 12:40 PM
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Subject: Re: [Coco] [Color Computer] william barden

On Friday, July 08, 2011 01:20:02 PM Boisy G. Pitre did opine:> Gene,> > I don't know where you get this information, but I just talked to Bill> Barden on the phone. He's a nice guy and was surprised to hear that> people thought he had passed.> > I started here:> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Barden,_Jr.The wikipedia response I just got says it never heard of him. The page is 100% 404 & asks if I want to create it. > then went to here:> > http://williambardenjr.com/Personal.htm> > and got his contact information.> Pages are alive and well. I am half tempted to call him and apologize in my best Mark Twain (Hall Holbrook) voice.> I repeat: Bill Barden is very much alive!Glad to hear it! > Best Regards,> Boisy G. Pitre> http://www.tee-boy.com/> > On Jul 8, 2011, at 9:23 AM, gene heskett wrote:> > On Friday, July 08, 2011 10:21:13 AM chargeron did opine:> >> Is selling his TRS-80 and COCO books on Amazon.com> >> > >> He has a new book he recently wrote... Thunderclap as well - $2.99> > > > This would not be the William Barden we knew. His widow maybe. AFAIK> > he passed several years ago.> > > >> Check them out...> >> > >> Ron DelvauxBoisy, I can recall it being discussed on this list, maybe 2 years ago, and I wasn't the originator at that time, but I did go check out the funeral homes obit that I got from a google search, and it sure read like the William Barden we all knew. Since he was a Jr., perhaps it was his father? I don't have any data on that. And I am very sorry to find I was repeating a rumor. That is one I won't repeat again that's for sure.That he is alive and well, it is to me no small cause for giving thanks.His books on assembly language programming for both the 6809 and the Z-80 taught me a lot. We won't mention the mistakes that may have been like a cartographers map, if he saw them repeated, pretty solid evidence of copyright infringement.Cheers, gene-- "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."-Ed Howdershelt (Author)The best prophet of the future is the past.--Coco mailing listCoco at maltedmedia.comhttp://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/coco