[Coco] Cococompatible monitors... [Now CoCo3FPGA, FPGA Development, and GIME replacement]

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Jul 7 10:37:55 EDT 2011

On Thursday, July 07, 2011 10:34:29 AM Steven Hirsch did opine:

> On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, gene heskett wrote:
> > Just to let everybody know, I just nuked all but the original tarball
> > of this Xilinx package.  AFAIAC, the installer is broken because on
> > the first pass it would not let me select the unpacked tarball's
> > directory in order to search for a license file, something about ff
> > missing a libxul.so, which is installed.  Then on the second attempt,
> > it refused to over-write the first installs directory.
>
> Are you saying that the Xilinx ISE installer uses Firefox?  What
> brain-damage...  The one I have installed is version 10.1 (a bit older)
> and it wasn't really any big trick to put in place.  Maybe they have the
> older one still on their web site somewhere?
>
> Steve

Well, not having bought either board yet, I don't imagine I'd have a lot of
standing to raise a bit of hell.  I am, at this point, leaning toward the
slightly smaller Spartan3 board, but haven't yet placed the order.

So many things to do, so little time to do them in. ;-)

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Oh, I've seen copies [of Linux Journal] around the terminal room at The
Labs.
	-- Dennis Ritchie