[Coco] Who needs Debuggers was: Re: Strange behavior in MESS

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Thu Jul 7 09:58:53 EDT 2011

You need a debugger, you say?

In all the games and programs that I created for the Coco, not once did
I ever used a debugger.  Or maybe I should say, no outside debugging
program.

My games had their own OS complete with drivers, signaling and game
status systems.  The status system was very handy for "debugging" a
problem in the game.  But in most cases of the code "just stop working",
I would return to the source code I just worked on and look for the
problem there.

I my opinion, debuggers are overrated and you should learn to code
without a crutch.

Steve (Mega-Bug) Bjork
P.S. the above pun was intended