[Coco] CoCo3FPGA, FPGA Development, and GIME replacement

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Wed Jul 6 17:10:44 EDT 2011

I'm sure Mark M, Roger T and others in the harder biz will chime in about the
costs but the problem with a productized cost board is the cost involved in the
price of making the board. :-( While the current coco3fpga project is written
for specific "trainer" boards I would imagine that it would be fairly easy to
modify it to a special built board built for the needs of a coco4. The advantage
as I see it is the current boards are cheap and have readily available. I do
have to admit that the documentation on how to setup a de1 board and install the
needed software leaves a bit to be desired and after I get through a couple of
other projects I'll be typing up the steps I took to get my board to work.

The Other Frank