[Coco] Coco compatible monitors...

John Kent jekent at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 6 10:28:12 EDT 2011

On 6/07/2011 11:46 PM, Mark McDougall wrote:
> On 3/07/2011 8:26 PM, John Kent wrote:
>
>> One solution maybe to replace the GIME chip with an FPGA.
>
> Another option is to snoop GIME & video memory accesses on the
> cartridge connector and drive out VGA from an on-board frame buffer
> via an FPGA GIME implementation.
>
> The only issue would be that the video would be asynchronous to the
> GIME output, hence your interrupts would be out of whack with the
> display. Unless of course you had someway of synchronising the two...
> maybe feed the RGB syncs into the cart for example...?!?
>
> Regards,

I'm not sure I follow. You capture the GIME video memory accesses into a
frame store, then spit them out at the LCD monitor rate? Does it matter
if the interrupts aren't synchronous with the video output ? they'd be
synchronous with the GIME chip. That would be all that matters wouldn't it ?

I not sure i grasp what you are proposing.

John.

--
http://www.johnkent.com.au
http://members.optusnet.com.au/jekent