[Coco] [!! SPAM] Re: Coco compatible monitors...

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 6 02:23:28 EDT 2011

On 2/07/2011 2:55 PM, John Kent wrote:
>> On 2/07/2011 7:34 AM, Joel Ewy wrote:

>> Some FPGA boards such as the XESS XST-4.0/XSA-3S1000 combo, the Altera DE2
>> / DE2-70 have video digiziters on that than allow you to capture composite
>> video and store it in a frame buffer. You can then read it back and
>> display out the VGA connector at higher speeds. They are a very expensive
>> way of building a scan rate converter though.

I am just finishing up on a project that mixes two video signals, one of
which is an analogue or digital input (the 2nd is fixed), and output is to
analogue or digital monitor. It handles any resolution and frame rate (in
and out), and the hardware supports composite, S-video, RGB (eg. VGA) & DVI
video on the input. Also does up-scan and down-scan conversion in hardware.

I'm yet to 'play' with it, but I plan to hook up all manner of micro
computers, including the Coco and Amiga. I'll post pictures when I do get
around to it.

But yes, a very, very expensive scan rate converter! :)

Regards,