[Coco] Cococompatible monitors... [Now CoCo3FPGA, FPGA Development, and GIME replacement]

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jul 5 16:42:48 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, July 05, 2011 04:41:26 PM Steven Hirsch did opine:

> On Tue, 5 Jul 2011, gene heskett wrote:
> > The 4Gb dl is a tar!  Didn't those folks ever hear of
> > gzip/bzip2/lrzip? Sheesh, its probably at least 50x the size it could
> > probably be shrunk to with lrzip.  But I should have it in about 3
> > more hours.
>
> Heh.  Then the fun _really_ starts.  Never in your life will you again
> witness such a lengthy install operation (at least, not until you decide
> to upgrade to the next version).
>
> Some of the older versions had a wee bit of trouble with
> Ubuntu/Debian-ish systems, but there's plenty of good advice out there
> for the Googling.
>
> Steve

Running PCLos here, a rolling update distro, so it is always the current
release.  I had kde-4.6.4 about 18 hours after kde announced it, working
very well.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
You can always pick up your needle and move to another groove.
		-- Tim Leary