[Coco] [!! SPAM] Re: Cococompatible monitors...

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jul 5 11:12:39 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, July 05, 2011 11:07:17 AM Joel Ewy did opine:

> On 07/05/2011 09:04 AM, gene heskett wrote:

> >> Terasic DE1 is here:
> >> http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?No=83
> >
> > No doubt capable, but way too big to hide in a cc3 unless the whole
> > coco was emulated.
> >
> >> It uses an Altera Cyclone II.
> >> It's what Gary uses for his CoCo3FPGA.
> >>
> >> He has also used the Digilent Spartan 3 starter board in the past too
> >> using the Xilinx 1000Kgate Spartan 3
> >> http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?Prod=S3BOARD
> >
> > That maybe could be hidden under the keyboard.  With a vga output no
> > less.
>
> I can attest to the fact that the Digilent Spartan 3 board will
> comfortably fit in a CoCo 3 case:
> http://8littlebits.wordpress.com/2010/12/18/an-old-case-for-a-new-coco/

Now that is, as they said 100 years ago, cooking with gas.  But I didn't
see a disk drive?  Did you figure on drivewire doing all that?

> > Would I have to run the development system on windows?  If yes, no
> > deal.
>
> The software runs under Linux.  It's a 970M download.

Great, not a problem as I have 4 terrabytes of drives here.  URL?

Thanks Joel.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
There is always someone worse off than yourself.