[Coco] Perhaps a silly newbie question

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Jul 2 16:11:04 EDT 2011

Not silly at all! TV out isn't the same. You got enough answers on the composite problem. The best TV out is to use a piece of cable TV cable (I think it's called RG-58?). You can get a cable TV to F-plug (phono plug) adapter at Radio Shack. With the good shielded cable TV out works as good as composite out IMHO.

------------
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 06:33:31 -0500
From: Mike Needham<jmikeneedham at gmail.com>

I was just looking into powering up my new COCO2 and noticed that unlike my
COCO3, it does not have a composite video out.  I have a composite monitor
(actually 2 of them) and was not sure if I can actually hook it (the 2) up
to the monitor without an intermediary box... in other words, is the TV out
the same as composite?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"