[Coco] [!! SPAM] Re: [!! SPAM] Re: Coco compatible monitors...

John Kent jekent at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jul 2 02:19:44 EDT 2011

On 2/07/2011 3:22 PM, gene heskett wrote:

> It is not interlaced John.
>
> Cheers, gene
Hi Gene,

In that case you just need a line buffer, or actually 2 to ping pong.
It would work as a line doubler which would make it a bit simpler.
Ideally you'd want a PLL to lock onto the pixel stream so that you could
sample synchronously with the pixels or else clock the scan line
converter with the VDG clock. Ideally the timing would be adaptive but
if the scan converter was designed for the VDG the timing is fixed so it
wouldn't have to be adaptive.
A friend from the Flex users group was looking for a scan rate converter
for his old Flex / UniFlex machine and showed me the link I posted. I'm
not sure if he bought one.

John.

--
http://www.johnkent.com.au