[Coco] Help Locating some Parts

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Fri Jul 1 16:58:29 EDT 2011

Well, pricing is subjective. Marks's stuff is all new or thoroughly tested, and that takes time. Electronics in small quantities are rather expensive nowadays too. Quantities are all small for the CoCo, always have been compared to computers like the Apple II and Commodore 64 (more or less CoCo contemporaries).

If all you have is a CoCo3 mainboard, you're better off watching e-bay for a complete CoCo 3 rather than trying to piece on together. You could cobble up a CoCo2 case and keyboard (but won't have the four extra keys the CC3 has) and make that work, but untested CoCo3s usually go for little enough.

Go to the files section of the list and download "Tandy's Little Wonder" from the Farna folder. That will show you how to connect to a standard PC/AT power supply or some other external power source. Lots of other repair, maintenance, and historic info in that book also (I wrote it in the 90s, revised in 2006).