[Coco] bluetooth wireless pak users

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Jan 24 12:03:46 EST 2011

At 08:37 AM 1/24/2011, you wrote:
>On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 10:04:41PM -0600, Roger Taylor wrote:
> > I'm trying to gather feedback from my bluetooth pak users to see how
> > things are going.  The radio module was programmed here to work at
> > 115200 bps but if reset for any reason will drop back to 9600 bps
> > just to be safe.  From a terminal program, like the one included (a
> > modified Tandy RS-232 Pak ROM) you can talk to the module and
> > configure it.
> >
> > Another thing, you can replace the ROM with the CoCoNet ROM and the
> > bluetooth pak instantly becomes a wireless virtual drive system with
> > HTTP requests, etc.
>
>I'm satisfied with mine, although I replaced the ROM with a modified
>version of Dunfield's monitor ROM.  The modification includes a mini
>terminal program for configuring the bluetooth module, and then the
>monitor I/O goes out the bluetooth serial connection for doing remote
>hacking from a PC host.
>
>John

Excellent.  What I'm trying to gather is if anyone has encountered an
instance where they had to either reset their EB301 module or if it
was reset by mistake, etc.  Doing so would drop it to 9600 bps and
then only a 9600 bps session can be used to reset the module to the
desired bps again which is 115200 bps for CoCoNet operation.

Some wireless paks had the the Reset jumper connected, causing a CoCo
Reset to reset the radio module, but you'd have to hold down the CoCo
Reset button while powering up the CoCo in order to reset the
EB301.  What I do is hold down the Reset button for about a second
then release it and the CoCo will then continue to boot.  Some
wireless paks might not have had the Reset jumper set when shipped.

--
~ Roger Taylor