[Coco] basic09 - append to file

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Jan 13 17:29:14 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 08:00:26AM -0500, Steven Hirsch wrote:

>Same applies to intermixing C++ iostream operations with either
> of the above.

That may have been it.  Especially when I was playing with MGR on an
old Linux box.

MGR is controlled much like windint -- it's all escape-code based.
The C library is mostly wrappers for putc().  And I did write what may
have been the only C++ MGR program ever.  It was "fun" getting all the
IO working correctly.  And MGR does share another characteristic of
windint:  It can be a touch fragile. (Or, rather, the somewhat
incomplete Linux port could.  I never saw it running on hardware that
it properly supported.)

But that all got lost in a hard-drive crash, and I never reinstalled
MGR on that machine.  A GUI on a 386sx-16 just wasn't worth the trouble.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard