[Coco] basic09 - append to file

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Jan 13 16:41:13 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 03:41:41AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:

> I was up and decided to try an older version of bru, 1.2, and its working
> right now, but I think I see a problem before its done.  Even with sas=ff
> on the target drive, the FD.SEG's are filling up too fast.
> {t2|07}/S1:filext

Has it finished yet?  Did it work?

>BTW, I consider that rollover at $8000 a bug, but it may be a shrug
>too.  I may be the only person in history to generate a single 100+
>megabyte file on a coco.

Well, from what I understand from 3rd-party docs, classically, OS-9
likes user programs that are going to use huge files to pre-allocate
them.  For bru to do that, it would have to know how big  its output
file was going to be, and how big its backup media is.

>Of course probably 75% of it is just
>because I'm a packrat & really should do some housekeeping.  ;-)

Packrat away, my friend.  Just think about where we'd be if
maltedmedia went away like PUCC and chestnut. Or when RTSI crashed and
they didn't have a backup?

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA