[Coco] dumb profs wasRe: trig.h

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Jan 12 16:06:09 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 07:07:16AM -0500, Steven Hirsch wrote:
> As I said, it has begotten 50MB binaries that require 1GB of memory to run
> and execute like a snail even at that.  Before being turned loose on the
> world to code The Next Big App, all new CS grads should be exposed to
> something like, e.g. WordStar running on a 48k Z80 machine and asked to
> think about it for a moment.

Heh.  Yeah, they should have to do some fairly large (for the machine)
project on a CP/M or FLEX or OS-9 box, just to show them how to do it
right.

CS students should also be given a project that involves some old code
(maybe their own, from a previous class?) where they're handed the
code and told, "There's a bug in this!  Fix it by tomorrow!"

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard