[Coco] Featured backup utility?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Jan 12 14:37:09 EST 2011

It is not difficult to write a short Basic program to do this, using pokes
to set the DSKCON parameters and then EXECing DSKCON directly at $D6xx or
some address near there.  These parameters start at $EA:  $EA=2 for read, 3
for write, $EB=drive number, $EC=track number, $ED=sector number,
$EE-EF=address of 256-byte buffer to read from or write to, $F0=error code,
or zero if there was no error.
That's from memory, best to double check from the disk manual.   Anyway, a
BASIC program of a dozen lines or so should suffice for backing up a disk a
sector at a time and will not halt on error.

Art