[Coco] coco web server rides again

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 23:35:55 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:16 PM, gene heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 11, 2011 11:15:03 pm Willard Goosey did opine:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 09:08:31PM -0500, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>> > to browse my coco via the web:  http://coco.aaronwolfe.com/dd
>>
>> Awesome!
>>
>> Willard
>
> I'll second that, and much faster than I had presumed it would be.  Sweet
> even.

Well.. before you are too impressed.. the speed you're seeing now is
due to a switch in hardware... All the requests coming in were
overloading my "real" coco so it's running on FPGA now.  Same code,
but 25Mhz and 460kbps pipe.

The new multiprocess web server is nice for personal use, but it falls
apart when several people are accessing it at the same time.  Doesn't
lock up, but does fail to process most of the requests after a certain
point.   The old server handled one request at a time and let the dw
server queue them up, so it basically didn't care how many people were
waiting.