[Coco] basic09 - append to file

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Jan 11 21:38:25 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 07:28:21PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:

> Yes, and ISTR that the register stack you setup for the syscall can be
> directly used without changes by doing a seek call with those registers
> still sitting in the buffer, so once the syscall stack is setup, its just 2
> lines of code.

POW!  Gene wins!

I looked up B09 SEEK, and GETSTA but I didn't even think about the raw
syscall for seek!

I always get worried that B09's IO system will get confused (mixing in
SYSCALL system calls with regular B09 reads/writes), but I
guess it really doesn't do much buffering on its own?

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard