[Coco] basic09 - append to file

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jan 11 16:50:17 EST 2011

On Tuesday, January 11, 2011 04:44:19 pm Aaron Wolfe did opine:

> Maybe I'm missing it.. is there an easy way to append to a file (like
> a log file) in basic09?  all the print,write,put statements seem to
> write at the current file pointer which is 0 on open.  any trick or
> simple way to seek to the end?

I believe one can seek(EOF,#path) or something similar in basic09.  Failing
that, open in update mode, then read to a throwaway buffer till it hits
eof, don't close, but start writing at eof.  But that would be a kludge
only if the seek doesn't work.  ISTR using it with the seek half an eon
ago. ;-)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)