[Coco] New trick for nitros9 users

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jan 10 20:59:55 EST 2011

On Monday, January 10, 2011 08:49:41 pm Mike Rowen did opine:

> Just a question. I'm trying to make sure I understand your trick. You
> used minicom to xfer your dsk file to /dd first?

Yes, by running oz on the coco from the minicom screen, and then feeding sz
from the minicom sesson.

> Then you copied from /dd to /s1, then used ded to update things? Is that
correct?

Yes, 'ded filename.dsk'.  The first sector ded reads is os9's Logical
Sector Number 0, aka lsn0, just as if you had issued a 'ded /dx@' to look
at the raw disk.  The first 3 bytes are DD.TOT, which for that size of
image should have been $000b40, not the $008000 I found there.  So e for
edit, and change those 1st 3 bytes to 000B40, hit enter to exit the edit
mode, then a 'w' and a confirming 'y'.  Done, q, y, and you are back to the
shell prompt.

> I'm not
> setup to do this myself, but I want to learn here. :) Thanks.

All you need is a copy of ded, the latest version from the cvs on
sourceforge.

[...]

--
Cheers, Gene