[Coco] New trick for nitros9 users

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jan 10 15:08:36 EST 2011

On Monday, January 10, 2011 03:03:59 pm Willard Goosey did opine:

> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 01:59:07PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > {t2|07}/DD/NITROS9/3.2.9:dmode /s1 wpc=00 ofs=0800
> > where the $0800 is half the $1000 that filext reports.
> >
> > Now:
> > {t2|07}/DD/NITROS9/3.2.9:free /s1
> >
> > "NitrOS-9/6309 Level 2" created on: 2010/12/28
> > Capacity: 2,880 sectors (1-sector clusters)
> > 16,242 free sectors, largest block 16,242 sectors
> >
> > So it worked, I can cd to /s1, do a dir -e on it, and run a dsave to
> > make the install script that will copy it back to /dd, which is a 1Gb
> > seagate drive.  That has now been run, dw3 stuff has been made
> > available so I can build new boots with it and continue the
> > conversion to drivewire, and the rest of the drive has not been
> > effected, clearing the ofs value restores it to its full 40 meg
> > capacity and it still gets a clean bill from dcheck.
>
> Cool.  Very, very cool!
>
> Willard

Well, I just had to prove there was at least one good spark plug left in
the old fart yet. ;-)

Thanks Willard.  Where there is a will, there is a way.  And those of us
who've been hacking on coco's since (in my case) 1985, are used to figuring
it out.  The coco, and os9, have been the single best teachers ever for me.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)