[Coco] Converting ANSI-C to K&R(Microware) - Ansifront didn't work

Michael Furman n6il at ocs.net
Sat Jan 8 19:30:08 EST 2011

First, Willard Thanks for putting this together.  I see it will take a while to compile all of it, sounds like a good afternoon full of Coco Hacking!

On Jan 8, 2011, at 1:40 PM, Willard Goosey wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 12:39:19PM -0800, Michael Furman wrote:
>
>> Is there another way to convert ANSI C to K&R C automatically?
>
> Other than that, all I can say is "chop the source into smaller
> files"!

Sounds like what I need to try.  It's all in one file currently so breaking it apart will take a bit of work and skill but not very difficult.

>> The ansifront documentation mentions "Version 2.5 of CC" and I do
>> see this on RTSI.  I'd appreciate it if someone could give me some
>> pointers on how to cobble together the most recent C environment
>> that runs on Nitros9, which libraries and Cprep to get to go along
>> with this...
>
> Well, you need the MW C Compiler and the LII development system.
> You can grab c.comp from Gene's web site but you didn't hear that from
> me! ;-)

Looks like I have the OS9LII Development System and C compiler disk images on hand.  I have copied all the new executables and files from these disks.  I am assuming that if a file already existed in my Nitros9 image that I shouldn't overwrite it with an old file from the distribution disk.   For example, I wouldn't copy a os9L1 command like login or tsmon into Nitros9 L2... also pretty sure os9defs has been updated to match Nitros9.  Is this a safe assumption?