[Coco] OS-9 device descriptor list

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Jan 8 04:32:52 EST 2011

On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 01:07:01AM -0500, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> There are rumors that /Yx has been spotted in the wild, sitting in
> between remote file systems such as FTP sites or the local disks of a
> drivewire server and what OS9 thinks is a regular RBF device.

Nice! Noted.

People have actually been very good about device names over the
years.  Deliberate collisions seem rare. (except for /P, but the
bitbanger port has never gotten any respect. *)  If the Glenside IDE
drivers ever escape "beta" the /T "test" descriptors should go away.
It's not like they're needed.

*Plus, since Drivewire ties up the hardware you couldn't have
 bitbanger /P and drivewire at the same time, anyway!

I know I'm still missing some devices, though.  Maybe this will jar
some memories loose.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA