[Coco] FOCAL upload

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Jan 1 17:27:48 EST 2011

On Sat, Jan 01, 2011 at 01:35:03PM +0000, Manny wrote:
> I find Focal interesting, to say the least.  I quite like the line
> numbering system, it offers a good way to organize the program.

Yes, I think it's an interesting little language.  I'm a nut for
programming languages anyway, and it makes me sad that OS-9 has so
few.

Apparently the group.line line number system came from MUMPS.

>I'd like to see a larger sample program for the language.  Maybe a
>small game or something.

Well, I'm better at writing games than at playing them (which isn't
saying much), so maybe.  A game in FOCAL is an interesting thought,
anyway.  I mean, I wrote an adventure game in PILOT once, so
anything's possible. ;-)

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA