[Coco] Formats

Luis Fernández luis46coco at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 15:21:58 EST 2011

I see that there are many virtual disk formats for coco and dragon

RS-DOS DSK
DSK OS9 - NITROS9
VDG
DMK
JV1
JV3
  HDV

CAS
CCC
PAK
BIN
WAV

Apart from the extensions of other programs and more for each emulator

and some with the same extension but internally different

It is impossible to complete unification, apart from some formats are fine as they are for different uses, but maybe we could decide, all virtual disk public is formatted NITROS9 , DSK or DMK, so the other formats would be relegated to a 2nd place.

Through this email we should look to see the best format and standardize the format a bit, not much work to use less to other programmers.

You seek the right information is thousands of pages of coco

by the way, how many pages there are coco

information gather and sort it in wiki, or any other site, but one

I agree that everyone has their web page. but the information, technical or coconut, one could gather a bit more, since only 3 models talk about coconut more or less, and some models dragon or clones, but there are thousands of pages. this is good, lol, but.

For example, I do not remember how much memory does my coco1 says 32k, but I remember paged rom to ram and for that you need 64k. I find the "peek" to me indicates or "free" and so other basic things that should be easy
My program hope to achieve read all formats and exchange between them