[Coco] 6809 / General CPU question

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 23:15:16 EST 2011

Other parts of the hardware implementation will ensure that when the vector
at $FFFe and $FFFF are fetched, they will contain a viable 16 bit address.
Some systems do this by "ghosting" the internal ROM to that address.

In the Coco, if you examine the address (in the Color basic ROM) at $BFFE
and $BFFF, you will find the bytes $A0 and $27, forming the address of the
cold/warm start routine in the Color Basic ROM.

As an aside, all the CPU vectors reside at the top of that ROM, $BFF2
through $BFFF.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia