[Coco] Cable assistance

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Feb 19 19:10:27 EST 2011

On Saturday, February 19, 2011 07:07:47 pm Richard Ivey did opine:

> ok.. I can live with the 5.25 being drive 0.
>
> I have an existing twisted cable that allows me to use a 3.5, but it
> wont let the 5.25 work on the same cable.

Make sure that the 3.5 is both on the middle connector, and has its
terminator R's removed.  Set both drives as address 1, then the cable twist
will make the 5.25 on the end of the cable look like drive 0.

> So.. I could live with the 5.25 as 0 and the 3.5 as one.
>
> I have a Fry's down the road.  Getting cables is not an issue.

I'm jealous. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)