[Coco] LISP Interpreter or Compiler

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Feb 15 16:32:48 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 07:26:18PM +0000, Manny wrote:
> Thanks for looking Willard!  I'm thinking that this might be a good
> project for someone in the future.

(setq things-to-port-to-os9 (cons things-to-port-to-os9 '(lisp)))

Heh, I think that's about right, anyway, I'm afraid I never got very
into LISP.  Most of the LISP I've done was ELISP, which is sort of
strange (apparently) even by LISP standards.

>LISP is a good language to have around... or at least that's what I'm
>told by a few very reliable sources!  So far that I can see, it
>doesn't disappoint.  Just very weird (to me) with all of the
>parentheses.

I get the whole prefix notation thing + 1 1 and all that, and I can
certainly see how you'd need to protect things with parens to make
things parse like you want them to.  But yeah, after that things get
weird.

At least to this Algol/C/FORTRAN trained mind...

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard