[Coco] Jameco excellent service (after a screw-up) :)

gmail - rome romeclegg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 20:16:52 EST 2011

On 02/11/2011 06:44 PM, Brian Blake wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Steven Hirsch<snhirsch at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, RJRTTY at aol.com wrote:
>>
>>   In a message dated 2/11/2011 3:53:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
>>> brucewcalkins at charter.net writes:
>>>

>>>   My first 64k upgrade was from Jameco.  They have always been my  first
>>>>
>>> "stop"

>>> I get almost everything I use in the converter from them.  No  problems
>>>

>> I'll third that.  I have them use USPS Priority Mail and it's here in 3
>> days!  Not bad for California to Burlington, VT, eh?
>>
>> Second choice is DigiKey - they have a far better selection, but sometimes
>> it's painful to crawl through the myriad of items on the site.  Their web
>> shopping interface... how to put this politely?  really sucks.
>>
>> Steve
>>

> I've bought from Jameco and Mouser. Mouser has a much larger catalog, Jameco
> has better pricing. I've had great customer service from both companies. The
> only time I've even looked at Digi-Key was when Octopart showed them as the
> only vendor for a Socket-A motherboard voltage regulator.
>

> Brian

Jameco rocks.  Been ordering from them for pretty much as long as the
CoCo's been around and I don't recall them ever messing up an order ;)

To keep this vaguely OT, my CoCo I still has the keyboard upgrade I got
from them way back when... must have a million+ keystrokes on it by now
and it's still going strong.

My electronics ordering preferences FWIW:

New parts - always check Jameco first, then Mouser if they don't have it

NOS/surplus/weird stuff - BGMicro, All Electronics, Electronic Goldmine

Specialized stuff/kits - Lady Ada, evilmadscience, SparkFun

~ Rome