[Coco] Status, anyone?

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Tue Feb 1 20:28:31 EST 2011

I would hate to be Bill Cousert today.

He's down and he's been kicked, so let's give him a chance to get up and shake himself off...  I agree that if you don't have a dog in the fight, you should stay out of the subsequent arguments, but he's a fellow CoCoer, so let's show him a little grace.

Mark pretty much said it all in his earlier message. To be frank, he and I have had disagreements on the direction of the SuperBoard, and what should be done.  I fully understand the position of those who have paid and have been waiting.  However, in the end, he is in control since he is the hardware designer, has made the financial investments in the parts, and holds the purse strings of the project.  I can only advise.

If there is any good news here, it is that the designs that Mark is contemplating will be nearly compatible with the existing NitrOS-9 drivers that are already available.  This should bode well for software support.

In March, we are hosting Mark & Sandy here in Louisiana for the Mardi Gras week.  During that time, Mark will be at Lab South and I'm sure we'll have some time to go over the project.  I am hopeful that this impasse can finally be breached and that we can have hardware before the end of the year.  Mark is the one who can make that happen.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
http://www.tee-boy.com/