[Coco] New system

Chester A Patterson chester6809 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 23:45:23 EST 2011

I used to work at Howard Medical in Chicago doing all the Coco and Tandy
stuff (hard drives and ram expansions for 1000HX and 1000EX). We sold a
bunch of B'n'B hard drive rigs, with and without the XT-ROM.
XT-ROM boots OS9 from track 128 or, if you hold down the shift key, track
129.
My personal rig (before I installed Cloud9 hardware and software) was one
20MB Seagate (noisy buggers!), one DTC-5150 HD controller, and one XT-ROM
installed.
Track 128 had regular OS9, track 129 booted Multi-Vue. Them were the days! I
had to format it all when I pulled it from storage several years ago.
That HD rig is now again parked and stored away for posterity. I'd sell it
but shipping this thing securely to the US (or elsewhere) from Costa Rica is
prohibitive.
It got so I could do rigs practically with my eyes closed. That was a LONG
time ago. Some of you may recall utility programs like EZGEN, which was a
very powerful bootfile (or any other file) editor, now I guess a clunker,
but since I know how to use it in my sleep I still prefer it.

You need a bootdisk. If my Coco were assembled and running at the moment I'd
make you a nice bootdisk. Alas, at this time I cannot. But everything you
need is available on the www. And I as well have it. If you wish, send me a
message off list and I'll send you the goods. Warning: It is a royal pain in
the butt for those uninitiated! Lots of reading the scanned original
manuals.

Chester
Costa Rica