[Coco] Glenside's new website was:Good News

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Thu Dec 29 12:00:04 EST 2011

The draft for the new site was done two or three years ago.  While some
of the members of GCCC like it, the current webmaster just does not want
to change from the old format.

The advantages of the new site:

* Clear and easy to use format with an easy to use navigation menu.

* The content can be update via a built in content management system.
Don't need to know HTML or use FTP to change the content.

* Content can be "time stamped" for auto-remove once they are no longer
relevant.

* All email addresses are hidden from spammers.

* The event strip on the home page is always up to date since it's pull
from the calendar database.

* Complete Photo and Document database systems with easy to view web
interface.

The draft for the new site is only an example.  Changes can be easily
done as needed.

These are just a few of the improvements the new site brings to
Glenside's portal to all of us.

Steve