[Coco] COCO FPGA

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 26 04:21:57 EST 2011

On 26/12/2011 3:32 PM, Frank Pittel wrote:

> I can get 2gig SD cards here for $4 so I don't mind wasting even a lot of
> space but a 2gig card for 4 180K floppies is a bit to much waste!!

I don't think anyone here would propose using an entire SD card for 4 floppy
images. It would be almost as painful as using actual floppy drives.

I would propose that a FAT-formatted SD with floppy disk images, and a
mechanism for 'mounting' the images would be the most sensible solution by
far. Even using the HDBDOS 255-drive mechanism would be a vast improvement
(and as I mentioned, already implemented (read-only) on my Coco).

I'm sure Gary has something similar up his sleeve...

Regards,