[Coco] RGBDOS in Mess

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Dec 23 11:15:51 EST 2011

John Orwen wrote:
> Thank you Robert !
>
> Mess would not load the rgb rom renamed to disk11.rom but when I put the virgin
> disk11.rom back in the coco3 subdirectory and renamed the rgb rom to
> rgb4mess.rom and loaded it into the CART: slot everything worked as it should.
>
> I will eventually need the nitros9 drivers and software but not just yet. Right
> now I am slow to recognize, process, digest and store information. As soon as I
> get this all working the way I want to, I will request the nitros9 information.
>
> Thank you for responding so quickly with accurate information
>
> John

Glad it's working. What MESS error did you see with rgbdos.rom renamed to
disk11.rom? Some errors can be handled by adding entries to coco_cart.xml .

Make sure you still have access to floppies (.dsk images) with your current
setup of stock disk11.rom in roms/coco3 and rgb4mess.rom in the CART slot. MESS
can be quirky.

Robert