[Coco] Coco MC-10 connection problem

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Dec 22 17:03:41 EST 2011

On Thursday, December 22, 2011 04:51:55 PM john T Chasteen did opine:

> Help Guys
>
> I want to connect my
> Tandy MC-10  to a new Flat screen TV which has several inputs.
> I want to connect my "Channel  3/4 switch " to the coax connector
> on the back of the TV.   I have to connect "twin lead" on the switch to
> the
> coax on the TV. Radio Shack doesn't have an adapter.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help
>
> John

That is called a "balun" transformer John, and I am amazed the shack
doesn't have any.  Every tv antenna up on the mezzanine shelving needs one
to adapt it for 75 ohm coax.  Some may come with one but they should have a
peg full of them.  Its a female F-59 socket on one end, and 2 or 3" of flat
with spade lugs sticking out of what is probably a molded plastic body in
the middle.  I would rather think that the counter help they hire & train
the heck out of to sell cell phones simply don't "understand the lingo".

Its the wrong time of the year, but you might tour the flea markets. Some
of the game stuff came with a switch that had 2 or 3 F-59 connectors on
them in a little 2x2x1" tin box with a slider switch on its face.  You need
the one with 2 connectors and the short flat line with spade lugs.  Don't
pay more than a $2 bill for it, they are hardly worth that.

They will work backwards as the transformer made out of ferrite beads
doesn't care.