[Coco] A Christmas Gift to the CoCo Communty

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Dec 22 16:14:52 EST 2011

On Thursday, December 22, 2011 03:58:09 PM gene heskett did opine:

> On Thursday, December 22, 2011 03:27:38 PM Boisy G. Pitre did opine:
> > Wel, it went quicker than I thought.  I did it over my lunch break.
> >
> > The sources are now in level1/modules and the makefiles have been
> > updated for coco, coco3, and coco3_6309.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Boisy G. Pitre
> >
> > Join our forums at http://www.tee-boy.com/forums/ to exchange ideas
> > and information with other WeatherSnoop enthusiasts.
> >
> > On Dec 22, 2011, at 11:25 AM, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
> > > All,
> > >
> > > After years of SuperDriver being available to CoCo users for a fee,
> > > I've decided to make it part of the NitrOS-9 Project, source code
> > > and all.
> > >
> > > My reasons for this are:
> > >
> > > 1. It's a mature, stable product.
> > > 2. Additional low level drivers could be written by the community
> > > (ram disk, etc.) 3. Folks interested in reading the source might be
> > > able to optimize it or learn from it.
> > >
> > > I will be working to incorporate it into the NitrOS-9 Project
> > > repository over the next few days.
> > >
> > > Merry Christmas.
> > >
> > > Best Regards,
> > > Boisy G. Pitre
>
> Thank you Boisy & Merry Christmas.
>
> But now I seem to have forgotten my password, a cvs update is being
> denied. I have a printout on the wall of how to access the web pages at
> sourceforge printed from the last time I had to "update" my password,
> but using that data, all I can get out of cvs is error messages. The
> user gene owns the local tree, but cvs seems totally denied to me, so
> as root:
>
> [root at coyote nitros9]# cvs up
> Warning: Permanently added 'nitros9.cvs.sourceforge.net,216.34.181.110'
> (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
> gheskett at nitros9.cvs.sourceforge.net's password:
> Permission denied, please try again.
> gheskett at nitros9.cvs.sourceforge.net's password:
> Permission denied, please try again.
> gheskett at nitros9.cvs.sourceforge.net's password:
>
> Has sourceforge scrambled my password for about the 10th time or ??
>
> Maybe its time to think about putting this on github?  So far, what I
> have pulled, has Just Worked(TM).
>
> Trying again as user=gene, now cvs is giving me the exact same
> permission denied messages as root is getting.  This gets old, fast.
> Next?

So I went to sourceforges cvs page and use that syntax except I terminated
the 2 example with nitros9 "update" & that worked I think.  But I don't
recall having to use anonimous the last time.  And, scanning back over the
shell history there are several errors:

cvs update: cannot open directory /cvsroot/nitros9/nitros9/3rdparty/libs:
No such file or directory
cvs update: skipping directory 3rdparty/libs

cvs update: cannot open directory
/cvsroot/nitros9/nitros9/3rdparty/packages/drivewire: No such file or
directory
cvs update: skipping directory 3rdparty/packages/drivewire

cvs update: cannot open directory /cvsroot/nitros9/nitros9/6309l3: No such
file or directory
cvs update: skipping directory 6309l3

I thought I had my tree cleaned up of stale dirs that I discovered I had
about 3 months back?

And, no sign of the superdriver stuff is in the backtrace.

Was this the wrong cvs update command?

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at nitros9.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/nitros9
update

Merry Christmas & Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
You are fighting for survival in your own sweet and gentle way.